Family Lawyers Serving Coastal Georgia
Get Started Today 912.421.2900
Devoted Family Attorneys

Savannah Modification Lawyer

When Can I Modify a Court Order?

Circumstances in your life following a divorce can change over time, and it is important that the terms of your divorce reflect these changes. If significant changes have occurred in the lives of either ex-spouse, Georgia law allows the affected parties to petition for modification through a family court. Matters that can be modified after a divorce agreement is finalized include spousal support (alimony), child support, child custody, and visitation.

Circumstances that may justify the need for a court order modification include:

  • Relocation to a new residence, especially if the court believes that the move would harm the child
  • A child who is over the age of 14 and has a reasonable request to change custodial parents
  • A changing personal relationship with your ex-spouse, whether for better or worse
  • Change in financial circumstances, such as a decrease in income or a new job

At Johnson Kraeuter, LLC, our Savannah family law attorneys have successfully assisted numerous clients in obtaining modifications to the terms of their divorces. We can help you prepare and file a persuasive petition that meets your needs.

Making Changes to Fit Your Current Lifestyle & Circumstances

Whether you have recently experienced a drastic change in income, need to relocate for a new career, or another matter that requires modification, it is important to discuss your issue with a lawyer. You should never simply relocate or stop paying court-ordered payments without court approval. This constitutes a legal violation and you may be subject to penalties. Our divorce attorneys can help you with every step of this process, including preparing and submitting your petition to the court, as well as negotiating with your ex-spouse and their attorney as we seek to reach a fair agreement. Schedule an initial consultation to meet with a member of our team and learn why you should choose us for your case.

For more information, contact us today at (912) 421-2900.

Contact Us Today

We Go the Necessary Lengths to Protect Your Way of Life
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.